Accepting applications November 13.
For application please call Margaret at 256-277-8668.
What we do:
CWJC is a faith-based program that combines practical training, relationship building, emotional healing, and spiritual growth in classroom settings and through one-on-one mentoring.
Offering two 15 week long sessions per year, CWJC classes are held on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 8:00 am - 1:00 pm at Woodmont Baptist Church @ East Campus 2002 Darby Dr., florence, AL
Sessions begin in August.
Free childcare and lunch is provided on site.
THIS PROGRAM IS FOR:
- WOMEN WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AND FREE OF ADDICTIONS TO DRUGS/ALCOHOL.
CHRISTIAN WOMEN'S JOB CORPS IS A NATIONAL PROGRAM OF THE WOMAN'S MISSIONARY UNION, A SELF-GOVERNING AND SELF-SUPPORTING AUXILIARY OF THE SOUTHERN BAPTIST CONVENTION DEDICATED TO THE CAUSE OF MISSIONS. WMU TRAINS SITE COORDINATORS AND ANNUALLY CERTIFIES EACH SITE. THE Florence SITE WAS FOUNDED IN 2016, IS CERTIFIED AND will be RE-CERTIFIED EACH SUBSEQUENT YEAR.
- THOSE WHO SEEK A BETTER LIFE FOR THEMSELVES AND THEIR FAMILIES AND WHO HAVE A DRIVE TO LEARN AND WORK TOWARD ACHIEVING IT.
- Relationship building and parenting skills
- Preparation for the GED
- Health, Anger, and Forgiveness
- Personal budgeting and money management
- Community resources that are available for women in need.
- Basic computer training
- General life skills such as personal appearance, health, nutrition, parenting, and family relationships
For more information you may conctact:
- Bible studies with emphasis on emotional healing and grounding in a Christian worldview of life and its struggles.
Margaret Roland, Site Coordinator
Like us on Facebook
What we teach:
Basic job search skills such as job applications, interviews, what employers expect, work ethic, and exploring area job trends and opportunities