Table Talk Questions — Ephesians 4:1-6
1. Why is unity important in a local church? Compare and contrast attributes that mark a unified church and a divided church. Describe the impact churches leave on the lives of believers and unbelievers based on the church’s unity.
2. Paul writes that we should walk in humility, gentleness, patience, bearing with one another in love – Which of these would you say you struggle with the most? Which of these would the person closest to you say you struggle with the most?
3. If everyone participated, served, and sacrificed for the Body of Christ like you do, what type of church would it be?
4. In the first three chapters of Ephesians, Paul emphasizes the theological truth that believers are seated with Christ. In Chapter 4, the transition from being seated to walking takes place. Describe, in your own words, the significance of this order.
5. When measured against Ephesians 4, how would you measure your spiritual walk:
A crawl: The Lord is revealing that I am immature in my walk and need to grow in Christ
A toddler: Growing in Christ, often unsteady, a lot of tears and tan-trums, still need to mature
A stroll: Confident in my identity in Christ, comfortable (maybe too comfortable)
A march: Trained, confident, and focused; I know my identity, my purpose, and my mission to Jesus Christ – now praying that the Lord would sustain the walk