Table Talk Questions — Ephesians 4:7-16
1. In verse 7, the Bible says that each one (every Christian) has been given grace. How is the utilization of our spiritual gifts evidence of the Lord’s grace and power?
2. Explain the relationship between the ascension of Jesus and the distri-bution of gifts to the church.
3. According to verses 11 and 12, what is the role of the pastor/leaders in the church? Explain how Christians being uniquely gifted (Eph. 4; 1 Cor. 12; Romans 12; 1 Peter 4) lead to unity in accomplishing the mission of God.
4. How are you doing in the tongue test (speaking the truth in love) and the throne test (Christ being on the throne for your life and the church)? When having difficult conversations, would people describe your speech/approach as loving? Point to one piece of evidence where it is clear that Christ has all authority in your life. Point to one area where that is not the case (ask for prayer in this area).
5. How are you serving as a member of Woodmont Baptist Church? Does this match your gifting?