Playground or Battleground: “Eternal Life” Ephesians 6:21-24
1. Faithful Servants: Encourage the Church
2. Faithful Servants: Characteristics
3. Faithful Servants: Undying
- Describe a time when you had to speak in public. What was the content of your message? Were you scared (are you scared) of public speaking? Has anything embarrassing happened to you while public speaking?
- In Ephesians 6:21-24, Paul says that one purpose of Tychicus is to encourage the church. With all of the doctrinal truth in Ephesians 1-3, the victory of Jesus Christ, and the hope of eternity with Christ, why would the church need to be encouraged? Identify two areas of ministry or people at Woodmont Baptist Church that need to be encouraged.
- In regards to the following three areas: peace, love, and faith – how does the gospel of Jesus Christ and the presence of the Holy Spirit provide each of these for believers? Which of the three do you struggle to possess and to share the most?
4. Paul is allowing Tychicus to share with the church at Ephesus everything he (Paul) is going through and experiencing. Why would this be significant for the church? Is it significant that Paul left this out of his letter to the church? Does the fact that this has been left out of the letter make what is in the letter more significant?
5. Paul closes the letter with this statement: “Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying love.” Would you describe your love for the Lord Jesus Christ as undying? How is an undying love for Jesus Christ also connected to giving and receiving grace to others and from others in His church?