TABLE TALK QUESTIONS
1. Describe a Christmas when you waited eagerly for
something (a gift, a family member’s arrival, food, etc.).
2. In Luke 2:25-27, the Holy Spirit is mentioned three times in
guiding and leading Simeon to Jesus and guiding Simeon’s
speech regarding Jesus. How does the Holy Spirit do the
same work in believers today?
3. Luke informs the readers that Jesus’s family fulfilled the law
in their dedication of Jesus and their sacrifices. How do de
tails like this point to Christ’s role as the fulfillment of the
4. How is your life similar to Simeon’s? How are your lives
5. How do Simeon’s words regarding Jesus share the joy of salvation for all people but also the devastation of sorrow Mary would endure?